You can immigrate to Canada through a number of various classes:

Economic Class

Family Class




You will be inadmissible to Canada, denied a visa or refused entry for the following grounds/reasons noted below.  You will need to be issued a temporary resident permit (TRV) if you have a reason to travel to Canada that is justified under the circumstances such as tourism, visiting family or friends or business trips. The TRP restricts the length of stay and may have other conditions attached to it.  You will need to submit an application for a temporary resident visa along with documentation explaining why you are inadmissible and why it’s justified for you to enter Canada *unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country in which case you will need to check with the visa office of your own country which may have their own application form for temporary resident permits).  The fee is a non-refundable $200.

  • security
  • human rights or international rights violations
  • criminal
  • health
  • financial
  • misrepresentation
  • non-compliance with IRPA
  • inadmissible family member